Friday, April 5, 2013

Chapter Fourteen

8 weeks

Monday morning Sarah woke up next to a hot Richie. He always was warm in bed and the reason why she always cuddled with him but now he felt even hotter than he usually did.

Slowly Sarah got out of bed and turned her alarm off, since she had to be up earlier than Richie but she didn't want to wake him. In the bathroom she had a quick wash by the sink to start her day.

When she walked out of the room, through their bedroom to the walk in closet, she saw Richie with his phone and turn back around to go back to sleep. He didn't have to get up as early as she did but usually he woke up before Sarah would shower and joined her but now he rolled over and went back to sleep.

Dressed and ready for work a few minutes later, she found him snoring loudly as she left the room and went downstairs.

Of course teenagers were the last one to get up but as everyone got to the kitchen and had breakfast, Richie was still upstairs.

Sarah started to get worried, he hadn't mentioned he wasn't going to the studio today or if he was going in late. With the song bothering him she had figured he'd want to be there early to make sure it got finished but he was still in bed.

As the kids got ready Sarah went back upstairs to check on Richie, who, not very much to her surprise was still sleeping and snoring. She walked over and sat down on the side of the bed. Reaching over she laid her hand on his forehead, then ran her fingers through his messy hair.

"Sweetie, are you feeling okay?" She asked softly when he reacted.
"Fine." He answered as he turned to face her.
"You sure? You feel pretty hot."
"No, I'm cold." Richie corrected her as he pulled up the sheets even higher.
"Probably why you feel hot. I'm gonna go cancel work and bring the kids to school." Sarah decided.
"Why are you cancelling work?"
"So I can take care of you 'cause you probably do have that flu that's been going around." Sarah was still talking softly.
"Maybe I'm just pregnant." He teased.
"Very funny. Go back to sleep, I'll be back to help you feel better."
"I'm fine."


About an hour later Sarah walked back into the bedroom. Richie was still sleeping in bed. She sat down beside him again and took his hand. His other hand rested on his abdomen.

Sarah reached over to feel his forehead again, still hot.

"Your hand is cold." Richie said slowly as he woke up.
"Sorry." She pulled her hand back. "How are you feeling? I got some painkillers."
"I don't want painkillers. You know that, I told you."
"I know you did but it's just Ibuprofen, it'll help for your flu and make your fever go down." Sarah tried, she wanted him to feel better.
"No thanks. I'm fine." He insisted.
"If you're not taking those, you should let a doctor check you over and let him prescribe you something else."
"I'm fine, I'm feeling better already."
"Then you don't mind me doing stuff around the house, right? Since I got the day off anyway." Sarah knew well enough that he was sick but if he didn't want to be helped, he didn't want to be helped.
"I'm fine."

Sarah let him be, took her laptop and went downstairs.

The living room was pretty quiet, she kept the tv off and went online to do a little research. The internet had everything nowadays. She didn't have any pregnancy books and wondered if she could get some online or at least some websites about pregnancies.

After a while she had found a very informative website that gave her information by week. While she was reading on the website she heard stumbling upstairs. Richie must be getting up, she thought.

A few minutes later she was proven right as Richie walked into the living room and sat down on the couch. Sarah didn't think he should be out of bed but he was a big boy that could make his own decisions and if he didn't want to be helped then so be it. She would as soon as he said anything was wrong, for now she let him be.

She continued reading about how her baby was growing inside her. Then deciding she wanted more information than the website alone gave, she went to order a few books that were recommended and looked most interesting to her.

"What are you doing?" Richie asked finally, now sounding hoarse.
"Reading about pregnancies."
"Oh." He said a little confused. Why did she have to read about pregnancies, she had already been pregnant twice.

He didn't say anymore and Sarah went back to her laptop, still leaving the option for help to Richie himself. He continued sitting there, obviously not feeling well.

"What are you doing down here?" Sarah asked gently after a few minutes of silence.
"I don't feel so good."
"I know you don't, so why aren't you in bed?" Her voice still calm and gentle.
"I wanna be with you." His voice was already hoarser than the first time he spoke.

Sarah nodded, closed her laptop and put it down next to her, then stood up and urged Richie to get up too.

"Come on lets go to bed, I'll stay with you." She assured him as she walked over to the stairs with him to go back to bed.





(In case anyone's interested in that pregnancy website, www.babycenter.com It helped me with writing this.)

3 comments:

  1. Richie, stop acting like a baby! Take some meds and go back to bed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Men always act like babies when they get sick. My husband acts just like Richie did and it drives me nuts. I sympathize with you Sarah.

    Lol,Pirate are you spying on me? You nailed my husband to a T with the way you wrote Richie. Loved it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To be honest, I have no idea what I meant to do with this chapter, when I got to the end I thought it was safer to just stop there instead of going on.

      Delete